Our story starts in the heart of Tuscany, in Prato; a medieval city with strong industrial environment in the sector of woollen fabrics manufacturing.
In 1935 Mr. Dario Danti was working as a mechanic, in charge of the maintenance in one of the biggest finishing plants of that period, the “CIMATORIA CAMPOLMI LEOPOLDO & C”. He decided to start on his own the manufacturing of textile finishing machines : the DANTI & VANNINI company was founded.
The ’50s and the ’60s were characterized by the reconstruction first and by the economic boom after. The DANTI company developed its business and in 1950 settled in an industrial building in the centre of the city.
At that time the DANTI & VANNINI company was manufacturing many different types of finishing machines : Vegetal Raising machines (Teaseling machines), Metallic Raising machines, Shearing machines, Wet brushing machines, Selvedges ironing machines, Calenders, Fabric inspection machines, Multi Layer Drying Tenters and many other machines that were required to respond to the big demand of the market.